GREENVILLE, NC—Ring in the holiday season with Uptown Greenville starting this Friday, December 6th. The festivities include: Uptown Greenville’s First Friday ArtWalk, Greenville Gives City Tree Lighting and Holiday Market, the Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade, and Greenville Museum of Art’s Breakfast with Santa. Fa-la-la-la-la on down to the Central Business District to be a part of these magical events.
“The Holidays are a magical time,” said Meredith Hawke, Interim Executive Director of Uptown Greenville. “What better way to kick them off than with a weekend filled with holiday spirit?”
- First Friday ArtWalk: Friday, December 6th, 5:00-8:00 p.m. Enjoy gallery showings, refreshments, restaurant and retails deals, as you take self-guided tours through each of the ArtWalk stops.
- Holiday Market: Friday, December 6th, 5:00-7:00 p.m. Watch Five Points Plaza transform into the most magical holiday experience where you can find unique gifts and support regional artists and crafters;
- Greenville Gives: Friday, December 6th, 5:00-7:00 p.m. The community gathers to support local charities, and enjoy Mr. Claus, holiday story readings, family crafts, marshmallow roasting, trolley rides, horse-drawn carriage rides, the tree-lighting ceremony, & more holiday fun!
- Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 7th, at 5:00 p.m. along Evans Street.
- Breakfast with Santa: On Saturday, December 7th, 9:00-11:00 a.m., join Mr. Claus as he visits the GMoA for brunch, holiday-themed crafts, and create memories that will last a lifetime! This event supports the GMoA exhibits, educational programming and outreach efforts.
Greenville Gives features from the Magnolia Belles, the J.H Rose Jazz Band Greenville Civic Ballet, and Brian Burke Music. Mayor Connelly will read T’was the Night Before Christmas and Santa Claus will be visiting from the North Pole!
5:00 p.m: Emcee welcomes the crowd, thank sponsors, non-profits, etc.
5:05-5:15 p.m: Magnolia Belles
5:15 p.m: Emcee to welcome Mayor Connelly to the stage
5:15-5:25 p.m: “Twas the Night Before Christmas” reading
5:25 p.m: Lighting of the City Tree
5:25 p.m: Santa Arrives
5:30-6:00 p.m: J.H Rose Jazz Band
6:00-6:10 p.m: Greenville Civic Ballet
6:15-7:00 p.m: Live Music from Brian Burke
Greenville Gives welcomes all donations at the event to the following non-profit organizations: Greene County Community Health Centers, Toys for Tots, Parents for Public Schools, The Food Banks of ENC, Salvation Army, The American Cancer Society & Hope Lodge, Robbie’s Clubhouse, The Ronald McDonald House of ENC, Police Athletic League (PAL Program).
Each non-profit will be accepting the following items for donation:
Paper products (paper towels & toilet paper)
Dental hygiene items
Small bath essentials
Adult hygiene items
Toys for ages 1-12 (Toys for Tots)
Contact the Uptown Greenville office at (252) 561-8400 or email@example.com for more information.