GREENVILLE, NC— Embrace the start of the holiday season Friday, December 7th. Multiple events happen in Uptown Greenville: Uptown Greenville’s First Friday ArtWalk, Greenville Gives City Tree Lighting, Holiday Market, the Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade, and Breakfast with Santa. We encourage residents to Jingle and Mingle in the Central Business district for the holidays.
“This is the most magical time to be Uptown,” said Uptown Greenville President, Bianca Shoneman. “Greenville Gives will be more festive than it’s ever been with a Holiday Market, free horse-drawn trolley rides, and the opportunity to give back in the true spirit of the holiday season to participating area non-profits.”
- First Friday ArtWalk: Friday, December 7, 5:00-8:00 p.m. Take self-guided gallery tours, enjoying hors d’oeuvres and drinks along the way, as well as restaurant and retail deals. The City of Greenville GREAT Bus will run as a circular from 6:30-8:00pm.
- Holiday Market: Friday, December 7, 5:00-8:00 p.m. Five Points Plaza will transform into a village of treasures where you can find unique gifts and support regional artists and crafters;
- Greenville Gives: Friday, December 7, 5:00-7:30 p.m. Come to Five Points Plaza for the City of Greenville’s Annual donation celebration and tree lighting ceremony. Hear a Christmas story; enjoy live music and dance performances, see Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive, enjoy horse drawn carriage rides, and more!
- Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 8, 5:00pm along Evans Street.
- Breakfast with Santa: On Saturday, December 8, at 9:00-11:00 a.m. grab a bite with Santa at the Greenville Museum of Art.
Entertainers for Greenville Gives will include the Magnolia Belles, the Oakwood School, Greenville Civic Ballet, the J.H. Rose Jazz Band, Katura Dance, Sassy Southern Sound, and the Generations Praise Band. Mayor Connelly will read T’was the Night Before Christmas, Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive from the North Pole on a GREAT bus, and Krispy Kreme and Sup Dogs will provide free treats!
5:00pm Event kick off with JH Rose Jazz Band
5:30pm Welcome by Brock Letchworth and Gary Fenton
5:30-5:40pm Magnolia Belles
5:45-5:55pm Mayor Connelly to read “Twas the Night Before Christmas”
5:55pm Lighting of the City Tree
5:55pm Santa arrives
6:05-6:15pm Greenville Civic Ballet
6:20-6:30pm Sassy Southern Sound
6:35-6:45pm JH Rose Jazz Band
6:50-7:00pm Oakwood School
7:05-7:15pm Katura Dance
7:20-7:30pm Generations Praise Band
7:30-8:00pm JH Rose Jazz band
8:00pm Strike of event
Greenville Gives welcomes donations at the event to the following non-profits: Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina, Salvation Army, Ronald McDonald House, Toys for Tots, Emerge, Robbie’s Clubhouse, The Hope Lodge of Greenville, Parents for Public Schools of Pitt County, Humane Society of Eastern NC.
Each non-profit will be accepting the following items for donation:
Blankets (Humane Society)
Paper products – paper towels and toilet paper
Dental hygiene items
Small bath essentials
Adult hygiene items
Toys for ages 1-12 (Toys for Tots)
Contact the Uptown Greenville office at (252) 561-8400 or email@example.com for more information.