Uptown Greenville invites you to embrace the start of the holiday season with Holly Jolly celebrations kicking off Uptown beginning on Friday, December 4.
Five events will take to the streets of Uptown Greenville throughout the weekend of celebrations: Uptown Greenville’s First Friday ArtWalk, Greenville Gives Christmas Tree Lighting, Holiday Market, and the Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade.
“This is truly the most magical time to be Uptown,” said Uptown Greenville President, Bianca Shoneman. “Greenville Gives will be bigger than it’s ever been with a Holiday Market, free horse-drawn trolley rides, and the opportunity to give back in the true spirit of the holiday season to six participating area non-profits.”
● First Friday ArtWalk: Friday, December 4, 5-8 p.m. Take self-guided gallery tours, enjoying hors d’oeuvres and drinks along the way, as well as restaurant and retail deals. See participating retailers, restaurants and galleries here;
● Holiday Market: Friday, December 4, 5-8 p.m. Five Points Plaza will be transformed into a village of treasures where you can find unique gifts and support regional artists and crafters;
● Greenville Gives: Friday, December 4, 5:30-7:00 p.m. Come to Five Points Plaza for the City of Greenville’s Annual donation celebration and tree lighting ceremony. Hear a Christmas story; enjoy live music and dance performances, see Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive and more!
● Open-air Holiday Movie Screening of “Northpole”: Friday, December 4, 7:15pm behind CRAVE Uptown in the Parking Deck Courtyard. Bring a blanket. Free to all!
● Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade: Saturday, December 5, 10:30am along Evans Street.
Entertainers for Greenville Gives will include the Magnolia Belles, NC Academy of Dance Arts, the Wright School of Music, Greenville Civic Ballet, and the J.H. Rose Jazz Band. Mayor Thomas will read T’was the Night Before Christmas, Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive aboard the Jolly Trolley direct from the North Pole, and Uptown Greenville merchants will provide hot cocoa and cookies for all!
Greenville Gives welcomes donations at the event to the following non-profits: food for the Food Bank of ENC, Supplies/Food for the Pitt County Animal Shelter, Pet Food Pantry and Pitt County Humane Society, Non-perishable food for the Salvation Army, Supplies/Food for the Ronald McDonald House.
Don’t forget to vote in Uptown Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest. Vote for the Uptown business that deserves to be chosen for best holiday décor and light display! The winner of the contest will receive a $250 cash prize and will be announced from the stage at Greenville Gives. Voting opens on Wednesday, November 25. Vote here!
Contact the Uptown Greenville office at (252) 561-8400 for more information.