Uptown Greenville Umbrella Market
The 2020 Market will open every Wednesday 5:00-7:30 May 20 through August 26 in Five Points Plaza at the corner of 5th & Evans Streets.
Special thanks to season sponsor The Landing
Farmers markets are essential to the livelihood of farmers, food producers, and other local businesses. These markets offer an efficient way for residents to obtain healthy food options and household essentials in an outdoor setting. Shopping at farmers markets means you are supporting your local economy.
To keep our farmers, producers, and shoppers safe, here are some steps we are taking and recommendations for shoppers.
- Keep your market visit simple and short. Shop with a purpose and do not linger, socialize, or congregate in the market space. Think of Wednesday’s market as an outdoor local grocery run.
- Please no more than one or two people from a household at the Market when possible. Only certified service animals are allowed in the Market at this time.
- You can ensure you get what you need by pre-ordering and prepaying with your favorite vendors! Click here for pre-ordering options.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others. If you have come in contact with someone displaying symptoms, also stay home. When in doubt, err on the side of caution.
- If you are an at-risk population (particularly older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage you to prioritize your own health and minimize your exposure to people. Consider asking a friend or family member to pick up your market items for you.
- The market will maximize space between vendor tents. We will mark in six-foot increments where people should stand when waiting to shop.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Practice distancing of 6’ or greater. Limit interactions with other customers. We encourage everyone to wear a mask.
- Please do not touch any items on the vendors’ tables; just point at what you want and let vendors bag the purchases.
- Vendors will not be sampling items. Non-produce items will be pre-packaged.
- Do not eat or drink inside the Market area.
- Wash all produce before consumption. Wipe containers or re-package your purchases once home. Wash your hands before eating.
If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions, please contact the Market Manager at email@example.com. We are happy to help and hear your feedback.
Accepting applications for the 2020 Market. Click here to apply.
Helpful links for your application:
Market Rules & Procedures
Pitt Co Department of Environmental Health – For on-site food preparation and sale
Department of Agriculture and Purdue University resource – Information on home-based food businesses
Nursery Regulatory Services – Information for sellers of plants, trees, shrubs, vines, bulbs, & vegetable plants. Not required for sellers of annual plants, cut flowers, true seeds, decorative plants, and perennial plants intended for indoor use that are produced in North Carolina.
Vendor Payment Information
Payment is due after you have been notified by the Market Manager that you are approved as a vendor and have a market date. The Full season fee is $130. Pay-As-You-Go vendors can pay online through PayPal in advance of the market date or you can pay with check or cash to the Market Manager at the market. Pay-as-You-Go fee is $15 per market. Because of the smaller size of the market, the per-market fee is reduced. If you need Electricity, additional fees apply. Table and Umbrella rental is not available this season.
If you choose to pay via check, you can mail payment to Uptown Greenville, Attn: Umbrella Market, PO Box 92, Greenville, NC 27835.
All vendor fees are non-refundable. Do not pay until after you have been scheduled for a market date.
The Greenville Gives Holiday Market will take place on Friday, December 4, 2020 5:00-7:00 alongside the First Friday ArtWalk in the Five Points Plaza at Evans and Fifth Streets in Uptown Greenville. If you are interested in being a vendor, applications will be available in November. If you have any questions, you can contact Market Manager Robin Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-902-6853.
There is a fee of $10 to participate in the Holiday Market. This can be paid online after you have been approved as a vendor, or with cash or check at the market.