GREENVILLE, NC—Uptown Greenville invites you to embrace the start of the holiday season with Holly Jolly celebrations kicking off in Uptown beginning on Friday, December 1. Multiple events will take to the streets of Uptown Greenville throughout the season of holiday celebrations: Uptown Greenville’s First Friday ArtWalk, Greenville Gives Christmas Tree Lighting, Holiday Market, the Greenville Jaycees Holly Jolly Christmas Parade, and Breakfast with Santa.
“This is truly the most magical time to be Uptown,” said Uptown Greenville President, Bianca Shoneman. “Greenville Gives will be bigger than it’s ever been with a Holiday Market, free horse-drawn trolley rides, and the opportunity to give back in the true spirit of the holiday season to participating area non-profits.”
- first friday artwalk: friday, december 1, 5:00-8:00 p.m. take self-guided gallery tours, enjoying hors d’oeuvres and drinks along the way, as well as restaurant and retail deals. see participating retailers, restaurants and galleries here;
- holiday market: friday, december 1, 5:00-8:00 p.m. five points plaza will be transformed into a village of treasures where you can find unique gifts and support regional artists and crafters;
- greenville gives: friday, december 1, 5:00-7:30 p.m. come to five points plaza for the city of greenville’s annual donation celebration and tree lighting ceremony. hear a christmas story; enjoy live music and dance performances, see santa and mrs. claus arrive, enjoy horse drawn carriage rides, and more!
- greenville jaycees holly jolly christmas parade: saturday, december 9, 5:00pm along evans street.
- breakfast with santa: on saturday, december 9, at 9:00-11:00 a.m. grab a bite with santa at the greenville museum of art.
Entertainers for Greenville Gives will include the Magnolia Belles, NC Academy of Dance Arts, the Wright School of Music, Greenville Civic Ballet, the J.H. Rose Jazz Band, the Oakwood School, and the Generations Praise Band. Mayor Smith will read T’was the Night Before Christmas, Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive aboard the Jolly Trolley direct from the North Pole, and Uptown Greenville merchants will provide hot cocoa and cookies for all!
5:00pm Event Kicks off, Holiday Market Opens, First Friday ArtWalk
5:30pm Mayor Kandie Smith reads “’Twas the Night Before Christmas”
5:45pm Tree is lit!
5:50pm Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive
6:00pm Community performances
8:00pm Event Ends
Greenville Gives welcomes donations at the event to the following non-profits: food for the Food Bank of ENC, Non-perishable food for the Salvation Army, Paper products and individual snacks for the Ronald McDonald House, Unwrapped toys for ages 1-12 for Toys for Tots, face painting by Emerge, and Parents for Public Schools of Pitt County.
Contact the Uptown Greenville office at (252) 561-8400 or email@example.com for more information.