Vendor Recruitment Underway for the 2016 Umbrella Market
April 25, 2016
The Uptown Greenville Umbrella Market is coming back to Five Points Plaza for eighteen glorious weeks of fresh, creative, local fun, and is recruiting vendors for the 2016 season. This annual open-air market is held each Wednesday evening from May 4 through August 31 and is located at Five Points Plaza, at the corner of 5th and Evans streets in Uptown Greenville. Vendor applications can be found at uptowngreenville.com.
Expect the 2016 market season to be more programmed than ever before. “We will have special events and showcases throughout the season to keep each market a little different,” says Market Manager, Robin Ashley. “We are bringing back the popular throw downs as well as adding new ones. We also plan to have new cooking, arts, and kids features throughout the market season.”
The Uptown Umbrella Market is an event founded to pursue the following goals:
– To provide an inviting, centrally located, and hospitable space for contact between area farmers, artisans, producers, crafters, and the public.
– To promote the sale of locally grown produce, plants, baked goods, seafood, meats, dairy, art, and other hand crafted products.
– To increase access to fresh, nourishing, locally-produced foods and other products of local labor.
– To enhance the quality of life in the Greenville area by providing a community activity which fosters entrepreneurial spirit, social gathering, interaction, equity, education, and helps to build a sustainable local economy and sense of place for residents and visitors.
Criteria for the selection of market vendors includes but is not limited to:
– Locally grown produce, plants, seafood, meats, cheeses, baked goods, unique antiques, and hand-crafted artisan products receive preference;
– No vendors of direct-sales items such as Scentsy, Younique, Thirty-One, Mary Kay, etc, will be accepted;
– Mobile Food Units or Food trucks cannot be accepted as regular vendors. If you are a Mobile Food Unit and would like to discuss being part of the market, please contact the Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Professionalism of application for entry is considered.
A summary of all vendor guidelines can be found at: http://uptowngreenville.com/play/umbrella-market/
Contact the Uptown Greenville Market Manager Robin Ashley at email@example.com or (252) 902-6853. For more information about Uptown Greenville, call (252) 561-8400. Instagram: Umbrella_Market | Twitter: @Umbrella_Market | facebook.com/uptownumbrellamarket